Camping and hiking involve a lot of walking and even running. And your legs and feet can get tired and weary from all the day’s activities. That’s why you need the best camping chairs with a footrest.
Laying your back on the chair is not enough. You have to treat your legs and feet to some relaxation too. Otherwise, you will have no energy for the next day. Because the legs are the largest muscle of your body, it needs to be pampered!
Our top picks will surely lend your body the rest it deserves! Whether you’re in the midst of the woods or lounging by the beach, you’ll surely find these camping chairs comfortable.
- Timber Ridge- Best Zero Gravity Reclining Camp Chair lands in our top spot. We love the feeling of weightlessness. You can experience just sublime comfort even when you’re going off the grid.
- Even if you are on a budget, you can still experience a nice retreat in the woods with the ALPS Mountaineering Escape. The price fits right into your budget yet you can still be decently comfortable.
- Best choice camping chair will give you more bang for your buck.it has an almost complete set of features, plus a sunshade. But you don’t have to shell out a lot of dough.
- The GCI Directors Camp chair had us with the unique ottoman footrest. You can use it as a footrest or a standalone unit. It’s also the best directors’ camping chair that we have come across.
- If you want a camping chair that allows you to recline to your heart’s fancy, the Sports Brella Recliner is a great option.
Our Top 10 Picks for the Best Camping Chair with Footrest (A Product Review)
Prepare the marshmallows and bonfire. And oh, don’t forget these comfortable camping chairs. They’re the perfect retreat after walking in the woods for the whole day.
1. Timber Ridge- Best Zero Gravity Reclining Camp Chair
It’s a zero-gravity reclining camping chair that can revive your weary body.
Walking in the woods for the entire day can take a toll on your legs, back, and entire body. And a zero gravity chair can lend you that weightless feeling. It can lead to better rest and recovery for your aching muscles and joints.
You can bask in the comfort of a fully reclinable camping chair. When reclined, this chair measures 72 inches.
It’s also oversized, so it’s best for the plus size. And with a weight capacity of 350 lbs, it’s as solid and sturdy as a rock. Moreover, the seat is fully padded and the legs are made of sturdy tubular steel. And it makes up for the weightless feeling when you sit on this chair. Compared to other zero gravity chairs, this one can accommodate a heavier weight.
The locking mechanism of this chair is adjustable. It will hold the chair whether it’s in a reclined or upright position. And it’s easy to adjust too.
- Measures 43.5 x 22 x 21.3 inches
- Comes in 4 colors
- Full padded seating, removable pillow for both head and lumbar support. Ergonomic design and natural wood armrest
- Made of polyester, premium elastic cord, and sturdy steel
- Weight capacity of 350 lbs
- Weighs 24 lbs
- Adjustable reclining position
- Can accommodate persons of any size and shape
- Easy to adjust
- Zero gravity feeling
- Lock mechanism reliable
- Color is too masculine
2. ALPS Mountaineering Escape- Best Budget
This affordable camping chair with a footrest has a nice set of comfortable features.
Even with the lower cost, you will still feel relaxed and happy in this camping chair. It has a soft and adjustable armrest with a cup holder. So you can enjoy nature while sitting on a comfortable chair with a bottle of beer in hand.
And the footrests are adjustable and removable too. It is held by two cross poles and two straps of the bucket. So it’s easy to adjust or remove it.
And if you are quite tall, this camping chair will indulge you. It has a high backseat and is suited for those who are on the taller side. And even those who are petite will also find comfort in this chair.
- 225 lbs weight capacity
- Made from powder-coated steel frame and polyester
- 32. 5″ W x 17″ D x 41. 5″ H
- Weighs 10 lbs
- Adjustable armrests
- Adjustable footrest
- Cup holder
- Carry bag
- Affordable price
- Adjustable basic features
- High backrest for tall people
- Doesn’t recline
3. Best Choice- Best Value
It has a nice set of features at an affordable price
This Best Choice weightless chair may tick all the boxes of your list. And you don’t have to rob the bank to enjoy all these premium features. One, we love weightlessness and zero-gravity comfort. It’s at this state that your body feels the most relaxed.
Add to ensure utmost comfort, it comes with an adjustable sunshade. So even if Mr. Sun is up and about, you can have a source of shade to protect your eyes from the glare. And it’s adjustable so you can find the most comfortable spot for you.
This folding chair with a footrest also folds up easily for storage. It’s compact and portable and will not eat too much space in your car. And since it has a floor-friendly design, you can use it on carpeted floors in family tents. And the solid steel construction ensures you will not easily sink in this chair when you sit on it.
- Oversized steel mesh chair
- Zero gravity
- Folding chair
- Reclining design with a Lockable reclining system
- Adjustable canopy Sunshade and headrests
- Solid armrests
- Unique cup holder & side table
- 250 lbs weight capacity
- 36″(L) x 32″(W) x 47.5″(H)
- Nice set of features
- Weightlessness feel
- Durable and solid
- Compact and portable
- Moderate weight capacity
4. GCI Director Camp Chair – Best Director Style Camp Chair
There are other director-style camp chairs in the market, but this one is king.
It’s packed with add ons premium features. That sets it apart from other director chairs in the market. The ottoman footrest is a unique design. It can be easily folded up and it comes in as a separate piece.
And when you’re not using it as a footrest, you can also use it as a folding table where you can place your drinks. So it can function more than just a footrest. So this is perfect if you don’t have much space in your truck for an extra table.
In addition, the footrest is also adjustable. It’s easy to find the sweet spot since it has 3 preset positions. And it securely locks in place too.
- 21.75 x 24 x 38.25 inches
- Weight capacity 250 lbs
- Weighs 16.2 lbs
- Ottoman style
- Breathable nylon mesh and polyester fabric
- Folds flat for storage
- Ottoman footrest is multifunctional
- Comes only in one color
5. Sports Brella Recliner- Best Recliner Camping Chair
Get ultimate sun and glare protection with this reclining camping chair.
It has a built-in umbrella, hence the name. And not only does it provide shade from glare and the sun’s harmful rays, but the canopy also has SPF 5 sun protection. You can also swivel the canopy to get the best coverage. The umbrella is adjustable, so is the footrest.
In addition, you can change the position of the backseat in 3 ways. It can be held upright, reclined, or somewhere in between. And it‘s easy to adjust too.
- Weight capacity of 250 lbs
- 8 x 8 x 39 inches
- Weighs 13.5 lbs
- 3 options
- Adjustable umbrella with SPF 50 sun protection
- 3-way swivel canopy
- Easy to use
- Comes with an adjustable umbrella
- Light Duty use only
6. Ever Advance Zero Gravity Chair- Best for those with Back Problems
If you want plush comfort, this camping chair with a padded seat and back will indulge you.
This can make you feel better and comfortable. And when combined with the weightlessness feel, it’s heaven for your back. It can provide you with a certain level of luxury that you won’t find in another camping chair with a footrest. It feels more like a lounge chair.
You will sink into the chair as you sit on it. And it will provide a soft cushion for your back. So those with back problems will find this chair very comfortable. This is also what sets this brand apart from other zero gravity camping chairs, the plush comfort.
We also love how portable it is. It easily folds up for storage.
This chair is pretty robust and solid too. So it can have a bit of heft to it.
- 30 x 32 x 45 inches
- Weight capacity of 350 lbs
- Steel frame
- Weighs 19.8 lbs
- The length of the chair when fully reclined is 72 inches
- Adjustable locking system 0-170 degrees
- Padded seat and back
- Plush padded seat and back are very comfortable
- Easily folds up for storage
- Heavy duty
- Can be heavy
7. GigaTent Outdoor Quad Camping Chair- Best Portable
This is a portable and versatile lawn camping chair with a footrest
It is rather light at only 5 lbs. It’s small and easily folds up for storage. So it can squeeze in very narrow spaces.
And one of the notable features of this chair is that the footrest is multifunctional. It can be transformed into a tablet viewing system. So you can watch movies on your tablet hands-free. In addition, the built-in arm cooler can hold 3-4 bottles of beverage. So everything you need to have a relaxing sojourn is right beside you.
And when not in use, it comes with a nice carry bag that you can strap on your shoulders. So it’s easy to bring anywhere.
- Made of polyester and steel
- Weight capacity of 250 lbs
- Made of heavy-duty powder-coated steel frame and 600D polyester fabric
- Built-in arm cooler
- Weighs 5.5 lbs
- Comes with a carry bag
- Lightweight and portable
- Multifunctional footrest
- Solid and durable
- MIdrage weight capacity
8. King Camp Zero Gravity Chair- Best Ergonomic
It has a weightless design and an ergonomic design that most people will find comfortable.
We love how ergonomic this camping chair is. This allows more people to find their sweet spot of comfort. It’s rare to come across an ergonomic camping chair nowadays.
Also, it’s quite lightweight and weighs less than 10 lbs. So you do not have to lift a finger when carrying it. And since it’s oversized, it has a lot of room for the big and heavy. This King Camp camping chair is also solid and robust. It has a weight capacity of 300 lbs. So even the big and fuzzy will be able to find comfort in this chair.
- Ergonomic design
- 300 lbs weight capacity
- Weighs 9 lbs
- Ergonomic design
- Solid and durable
- Not adjustable
9. Happybuy Folding Camping Chair- Best for Summer Camping Trips
With the cool mesh material, this is the most breathable that’s perfect for summer.
And it is also packed with nice features that will make you comfier. This folding chair with a footrest is adjustable. And you can choose from two distinct positions. And the added headrest heightens up the comfort level.
Moreover, it comes with a cooler, a footrest, and a storage bag. It packs up easily, so there’s no fuss. And it’s also rather perfect for impromptu camping trips.
- 7.09 x 7.09 x 35.04 inches
- Made of textilene, steel, and mesh
- Comes in 3 colors
- Weight capacity of 350 lbs
- Cup Holder and padded headrest
- Adjustable with two positions
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Light and portable
- Breathable mesh material
- Light Duty use
10. Ostrich Deluxe chair- Best Premium
This Ostrich Deluxe chair may be the most customizable one on our list. It also has an array of unique features.
It boasts of 15 configurations. So that’s a lot of positions and you’re sure to find the most comfortable spot for you. Moreover, it has a premium and unique set of features too. This will certainly amp up the comfort level.
One of the most notable features is the adjustable lumbar pillow. Not all camping chairs offer this advantage. So this can lend a relaxing position for you back. Thus, it’s great for older folks or those with back problems.
Moreover, this chair can be fully reclined. So you can enjoy a quiet and comfortable nap. It has two unique cutouts for the arms and face. So you may also lie on this chair face down. That’s perfect for getting that message on the beaches too!
- 60.76 x 28.93 x 39.73 inches
- Weight capacity of 275 lbs
- Comes in 6 colors
- Patented open/close face cavity and arm slots w/head pillow
- 5 Adjustable chair positions and 3 adjustable footrest positions
- Deluxe wrapped padded seat, footrest, and lumbar pillow for added comfort extras wide wooden armrest with carrying strap and cup holder
- Features 15 configurations
- Has an adjustable lumbar pillow
- Can be fully reclined
- Can be bulky
What to Consider when Buying the Best Camping Chair with a Footrest
Not sure what brand to buy? They all seem great right? But there will be a specific camping chair with a footrest that can fill in most of your needs.
See our buying guide below to help you choose a suitable camping chair for you.
1. Maximum weight capacity
This is the maximum weight that a camping chair can bear. Go over it and the chair might collapse. Not only will you break the chair, but you can also break your back. So be sure to use one that can accommodate your weight. And we have options for lightweight and heavy-duty camping chairs.
2. Special features
Not all camping chairs will have the same features. And these are some of the addons that you might need.
Reclining back– Not all camping chairs can be reclined.
Tray or drink holder– these can come in handy when you want to enjoy your flavor bottle of beer while sitting on the chair
Canopy or sunshade- if you need protection from sun and glare, this is a must
Removable footrest– some brands may offer a removable footrest. This gives you more access to the chair.
Adjustable back- and adjustable back allows you to find the perfect spot of comfort. note that not all camping chairs have an adjustable backrest.
Lumbar support– this can amp up the comfort level for those with back problems. It’s also great for older folks
Zero gravity chairs– the feeling of weightlessness is where your body is at the most comfortable. We have several options on our list that have this feature.
There are oversized camping chairs that can accommodate the big and the heavy. You might also want to look for a higher backseat. It can amp up the comfort level if you are a bit taller.
You may also like: Best Camp Kitchen
Camping chairs have a wide price range. And the more addons and features it offers, the higher the price is. But you can always find one that fits your budget on our list.
There are several materials used in camping chairs. It can be padded, polyester, or mesh. Consider the weather and the ease of cleaning when you are choosing the fabric.
The best camping chair with a footrest will amp up the comfort level. Since you have been walking the entire day in the woods, your legs and footsies deserve some nice relaxation. And a footrest is just what the doctor just ordered!
And our top picks are also packed with nice features that will ensure you have a relaxing nap or a blissful rest.
OUR #1 RECOMMENDATION
Timber Ridge Zero Gravity Chair
When it comes to comfort, nothing compares to the feeling of weightlessness. And there may be several zero gravity chairs in the market, but the Timber Ridge- Best Zero Gravity Reclining Camp Chair tops our list. It’s our overall choice as well as the best zero activity chair we have tried and tested.
You’ll feel 100 percent recovered after napping and slumbering in this camping chair. We love how it was able to help our tired feet and legs heal so we pretty much revved up for the next day.