The best camping string lights have soared to popularity. This is with many people looking for more charming and creative ways to light up their campsite.
Camping string lights also give you a lot of options. You can choose from bright LED lights to more yellow incandescent ones. There are also a lot of brands that have multicolored preppy bulbs.
But never settle for just anything less. Otherwise, you’re putting yourself at risk of a fire accident. Check out our top list of reliable campers string lights.
You may also like: 10 Best RV Battery for Boondocking
The Best Camping String Lights: A Product Review
- ZOUTOG is our overall choice.These are economical LED lights, are waterproof, and available in 8 light options
- Mpowerd Luci Solar String Lights have the happiest set of colors. These are multicolored bulbs (violet, turquoise, green, orange, pink, white)
- Biolite SiteLight XL Overhead These are the most compact string lights with only 4 bulbs. You can hang it wherever you want.
- Eno Twilights LEDs are also multicolored LED bulbs that are perfect for spaces that need small light requirements.
- Brightech Ambience are white warm lights with a tinge of yellow, thus it lends an ambient vibe. This has also a high waterproof rating.
|Brand||Weight (lbs)||Length||# of light options||# of bulbs/lights||Bulb type /color||Lumens||Power Source||Shops|
|ZOUTOG||1.08||33 -49 ft||8 dimmable lights||100||LED white lights||100||3 AA battery||Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|Mpowerd Luci Solar String Lights||.7||18 ft||6 multicolored lights||20||Multicolor LED lights (violet, turquoise, green, orange, pink, white))||100||Rechargeable 2000 mAh lithium Ion battery or solar power||Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|Biolite SiteLight XL Overhead||.2||10 ft||1||4||Translucent white||150||USB with an adapter or connected to a powerlight or base lantern|| Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|Eno Twilights LED||.44||10 ft||4||20 lights, 10 strings||LED multicolored||NA||3 AAA batteries|| Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|Brightech Ambience||1.5||24.5 ft||1||10||Soft whte with a hint of yellow||100||USB power pack|| Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|Barebone Edison||1||10 ft||1||3||LED||25-100||USB power pack|| Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|Power Practical Luminoodle LED||.43||5 ft||1||3||LED||Up to 180||USB power pack|| Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|Coleman LED lights||.80||26 ft||1||10||Tiny LED lanterns||300||3 AAA batteries|| Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|Sunthin Outdoors||48 ft||1||15||Incandescent yellow||165||Corded||Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
|GUDDL outdoor||1.57||25 ft||1||25||Incandescent yellow||50||Vorded|| Check Price On Amazon|
Read Full Review
You can choose from an array of LED lights or yellow incandescent bulbs. But whatever your requirement is, make sure to buy only from reliable camping string lights brands. And we have the cream of the top on our list.
01. ZOUTOG– Best Overall Camping String LIghts
And it is pretty convenient too. These are battery-powered and come with a remote. So in case you want to turn it off, you don’t need to leave your tent or your home. You can turn it on or off via remote control. And oh, the remote control looks kind of cool too. It looks similar to an Apple device.
These are also waterproof LED lights. So you can use it both indoors and outdoors without any worries.
ZOUTOG also offers an array of 8 dimmable light options.
- They are versatile and can be used both indoors and outdoors
- It’s waterproof so it’s safe to use even in the rain
- ZOUTOG offers 8 light options and all of which are dimmable
- It comes with a slick remote that works well
- It is well made and constructed nicely
- They are easy to hang and does not tangle easily, it’s also lightweight enough to be used on command hooks
- Some find some of the light options a bit greenish
- The remote control is universal, so turning it on might also turn the TV, or if you hang it in your room
02. Mpowerd Luci Solar String Lights– Best Multicolored String Lights
These are multicolored lights that can make your campsite a fun and happy haven.
These are also the best solar powered string lights.
And If buying tons of batteries is not your thing, you’re better off with rechargeable string lights.
So once you’re at home, you can easily charge it and it’ll be ready for your next adventure. And oh, did we mention that you have two options to charge it?
One, you can charge it with a 2000 mAh LITHIUM-ION BATTERY. And two also have a solar panel. So if the sun is up you simply let it bask and it will be good to go for your next trip. How cool is that?
These camper string lights also offer 6 color options.
These string lights are also waterproof with a rating of IPX4. It’s also long-lasting, a single charge can also last up to 0 hours. While you solar charge it, it can last for 15-16 hours.
- They can be powered in two ways, you can recharge them with a lithium-ion battery or use solar power
- It offers 6 color options
- It is waterproof and quite durable
- These string lights are quite easy to set up
- The bulbs are nicely spaced and the cord is durable since it’s back corded and insulated
- These are kid-friendly and safe string lights
- Some people find this more of a novelty find. The light is more ambient so it is not for you if you want a more illuminating light at the campsite
- The solar panel is a bit challenging to mount
03. Biolite SiteLight XL Overhead– Best Compact
Measuring only 10 feet, this is a portable and more compact camper string light. Thus, these are perfect for a small camp.
It also rolls up nicely and snaps together easily. So you can bring it anywhere without the bulk.
Also, it can be angled for directional lighting so it can serve you well in other applications.
You can connect a single BioLite to a tent or use several ones and connect them.
These are fabric lanterns that can give out 300 lumens of light. And the light is a bit translucent but they come on as pretty bright.
- The lights are pretty bright and illuminating for a translucent one
- These are compact and pretty easy to roll and bring wherever
- You can connect these lights to other Biolite string lights to form a larger network of string lights
- The cord is durable
- It has to be plugged in to be on
- Some find the light too cold, so if you’re looking for a warmer light, this is not it
04. Eno Twilights LED– Best Mini String lights
ENO Twilights are quite bright and look festive too. But what sets it apart is that it can light a wide space.
Even if it’s just 10 feet, the 20 LED lights can illuminate better than other longer string lights.
You can use it at your campsite or dress up your room. These are also very easy to uninstall and it’s easy to use.
These lights offer 4 light options. And you can dim them in 3 different ways, 100 percent, 75 percent, or 50 percent.
- Easy to install and easy to use
- These string lights can illuminate a large space even if the size is small
- The lights are quite bright but you have 3 dimmable options
- The batteries dry out quickly
- Some had an issue with quality control
05. Brightech Ambience– Best Waterproof
This tops our choice for the best waterproof LED string lights.
These lights make use of commercial-grade insulation. So you can be sure that no rain will get in. These are also all-weather string lights that can be used even if it’s raining.
It has 10 LEDs. And all can give off decent illumination sans the glare. But it does distribute light to a wider area. So it can also create a cozy ambient light in your campsite and even in your rooms.
And since it uses LED light, these are pretty economical choices too.
- These are waterproof, weatherproof, and shatterproof, they are pretty durable string lights
- The lights are bright enough but not too glaring, but they can cover a huge area
- LED lights are an economical choice
- It drains the battery pack faster
- Replacement lights are not included
06. Barebones Edison– Best Novelty String Lights
If you want a different look for your campsite, the Barebones Edison string lights can offer a stylish yet functional option.
Instead of globe bulbs, these 3 piece string lights make use of only 3 mini lanterns that are connected to one about.
It only has one color option, but you can have it with a low lumen at 25 and a high lumen at 100. This set of 3 lantern lights can illuminate a small campsite. So this is perfect for a small group of friends.
Albeit its small size, it can run on a portable power bank for hours.
- These are lightweight and small, perfect for a small group of friends
- Quite long-lasting and can run on a USB pack for hours
- Pretty sturdy and can hold up well for some time
- Not enough for a big campsite
- Would love it if it has a thicker cord
07. Power Practical Luminoodle LED– Best Budget
If you’re looking for practical and inexpensive lighting for your campsite, this is a great option.
From the word itself, it is practical. It has loops and magnets that make it easy to hang on your tent or patio. The light is illuminating at 260 lumens, but it’s not glaring.
And since it’s lightweight and compact, you can also take it with you if you want to set up your sleeping bag under a tree. You can easily hang it up on a tree with no problem.
- These are compact and lightweight
- They are easy to set up
- The light is bright but not too glaring
- No options for dim light
- Some find it a bit flimsy
08. Coleman LED Outdoor Camping Lights – Best Bright Light
These LED lights make up for a bright spot at your campsite.
Instead of just gloves of bulbs, the LED lights are encased in lanterns. And this has a total of 10 lantern-like bulbs that can illuminate your campsite.
These are waterproof and portable LED lights. And these held up very well. So you can use them in all sorts of weather.
Take note though that the illumination is quite bright, there is no dimmable option too. And there is no ambient light. So if you’re looking for such, this is not a great fit for you.
We also love that it can run longer. It can extend up to 20 hours on the batteries.
- These are great novelty lights that give off bright illumination
- They have a longer run time
- It’s portable and lightweight
- Weatherproof and waterproof, the lanterns seem durable too
- Only one color option
- No iron for ambient or dim lighting
09. Sunthin Outdoors– Best Heavy Duty
These are extra heavy-duty string lights because they are shatterproof.
So if you’re looking for something that doesn’t break easily, this is it.
The light is not too bright, just enough to illuminate a medium-size campsite. But it can be dimmable even if there is only a single color option. The bulbs are incandescent so it gives off a warm color and an ambient vibe.
It’s also perfect for occasions on your patio because of the ambient vibe it gives off.
The lights are weatherproof and waterproof, so you can use them in almost all applications. Just take note that it has to be plugged into a power source.
- Heavy-duty, waterproof, and weatherproof string lights
- Comes with 3 extra bulbs
- Warm lights for intimate affairs
- Has a dimmable option
- Several strands can be connected to make a larger network of string light
- Not for those looking for bright illumination
- Needs a power source
10. GUDDL Outdoor Camping String Lights– Best Stylish String Lights for Occasions
These outdoor camping string lights can give you a nice warm color.
So if you want a change from the bright LED lights that you used to have on your campsite, this is a breath of fresh air. It can also make up for an ambient vibe.
GUDDL makes use of AWG back wire and double fuse, so that means extra safety . You don’t have to worry about glitches or sudden sparks.
These camping lights are also easy to install. You can use 3M clips and zip ties to wrap them around your tent, campsite, or patio. They are also waterproof so they can be used in various applications.
This can illuminate any space too. So if you want to amp up your garden view at night, this is a great option.
- These are waterproof and can withstand strong winds
- The bulbs are safe to use and are double fused
- Your purchase comes with extra bulbs
- The bulb can break when not handled with care
- These are only powered by a 110 V outlet, so this works if you have a generator with you
What to Consider When Buying the Best Camping String Light
These pretty illumination can serve an array of purposes, not just for camping. So take these into mind before buying one for your camping trip.
Most of the best options we have on our list can be powered by batteries or a USB charger. These are the more convenient options, but they can al so run out faster. So if you want the lights to run longer, you have to have replacement batteries or an extra power bank with you
Alternatingly, we have cored options in case you have a generator with you. The GUDDL and the Sunthin Outdoors both need a power source to operate.
The length of the string lights determines if they are fit for a small campsite or a larger one. String Lights that measure 10 ft are great for small campsites. Great options are the Biolite and Eno Twilights. While those measuring 20 feet, such as the Brightech Ambience and Coleman LED lights above can illuminate a larger campsite.
But we also have shorter string lights that can be connected to form a longer network of light.
Type of light:
Do you need bright white light or more of an ambient vibe?
LED lights to give off a brighter white light that’s perfect for reading a book or if you want to organize things in your campsite. Examples are the Coleman LED lights and ZOUTOG.
While yellow bulbs such as the Eno Twilight with ambient lighting give off a warmer vibe for a more intimate affair.
You can opt to have one of these. But if you want to get the best of both worlds, we also have brands that have several color and dimmable options. Thus, you can use it for a variety of purposes.
Waterproof and weatherproof:
Camping lights should be at least waterproof. Most likely, you’ll be setting up your camp in the middle of the woods, so if it rains, they are bound to get wet.
Lumens dictate the brightness of a light or a bulb. 600 Lumens above gives off a high brightness, 250-300 gives off medium brightness while low brightness is set at 30-100 lumens.
In choosing the brightness, you have to choose the purpose.
Design and decoration:
Most string lights may look like the normal globes of bulls that are placed evenly. But if you want a more novelty-looking string light, we have several on our lists.
Lantern-like string lights may give off a more charming vibe and be used for decorative purposes.
String lights that can be hung on trees are also designed differently.
Is it safe to leave camping string lights on all night?
Technically no. It uses up your battery or power source if you keep it up all night. And these can attract critters to your campsite too.
Not to mention, there can be dangers of spark if it’s corded. If you plan to keep them on all night, LED lights are the most advisable and safest to use.
Can campers string lights cause fire?
It’s possible if you buy low-quality string lights. That’s why you should look for the more reliable brands, and we have the perfect ones on our list.
Additionally, turning off the lights before sleeping will lessen fire accidents.
How long do outdoor camping string lights last?
That depends on the brightness and the number of bulbs the string light has. The brighter it is, the faster your battery can dry out. And the more bulbs it has the faster it can drain your battery pack.
The best camping string lights can illuminate your campsite while lending a chic and charming vibe. These lights are also versatile and can be used to dress up your rooms or any space. It can also be used for gatherings and affairs.
But to prevent fire accidents, you have to buy legit and reliable brands. And we have just every piece for your camping requirements.